"I nominate Jane because she is a Wonder Woman of sorts!"
- Lucy Feagins
// Q+A //
1. Lucy Asks: How do you fit so much in your day?
I wake up really early- 5:30am most days (sometimes earlier), and simply get on with things. I know everything I aim to achieve that day both personally + professionally and just go for it! Not overthinking things or worrying how long the list is helps.
2. What is the key to successfully embedding meditation into your daily routine / psyche?
Don't beat yourself up about it our be too rigid. Even 5 - 10 minutes once a day makes a marked difference. So I generally do it first thing of a morning or in the car before I get to the office or my first meeting.
3. What are your top 3 apps you can't live without?
1. Smiling Mind - I am biased but it really is a life changer.
2. Shazam - Helps build my playlist on the run and keeps me 'current' with today's music.
3. What's App - Means I can talk to all my friends overseas for free.
4. Where is your favourite spot in Melbourne + why?
Royal Botanical Gardens - for running, meeting friends or just hanging in the children's garden with the kids.
5. When I travel, I must take with me:
6. If you could live anywhere else, where would you choose?
Byron Bay - It is magical and I just love the energy there...although New York + San Fran are close seconds. I really am a city girl at heart so don't think I would last too long in the country or down the coast.
7. What is your magical power of choice?
Definitely to make children's worries + bad dreams disappear.
8. What is the driving force behind your numerous successful projects?
Me. Passion and a little bit of crazy. Honestly at the heart of it though, it's good old fashioned hard work.
9. What advice do you have for a budding entrepreneur?
1. Be bold.
2. Make a plan (knowing it will change constantly).
3. Gather smart people around you who believe in what you are doing.
4. Know there will be LOADS of people who tell you not to do it, but have the guts to do it anyway.
10. How can we make more art + less war?
Meditate. Change the school system's focus + most importantly what so many parents prioritise.
Accept people (especially our children) for who they are + love their 'as is' nature.
Be the best person we can be + believe that is enough, ie, cut ourselves some slack and we will naturally cut some to others.
Thank you Jane it has been a pleasure x